TBAM-Sort: A Data Manipulation Product
Datatek’s TBAM-Sort is a powerful data manipulation and sorting tool. TBAM-Sort allows you to conditionally retrieve and sort records, merge multiple files, and optionally modify record formats and their contents. TBAM-Sort supports the same syntax as DG/SORT and works with a variety of file formats, including TBAM databases.
Some Of TBAM-Sort’s Features Include:
- Insert / Delete / Duplicate / Rearrange data record fields
- Replace existing data record fields with smaller or larger fields
- Perform standard translations (e.g., ASCII to EBCDIC)
- Create customized translation tables
- Convert record types (e.g., variable length records to fixed length)
- Conditionally skip records
- Sort on custom collating sequences
- Remove duplicate records
TBAM-Sort supports an easy-to-use scripting language, which allows the extraction and reformatting of data using a script containing only a few lines, thus eliminating the need to write custom data extractor/manipulator programs. For more information about TBAM-Sort, contact a Datatek representative.
The TBAM Family Tour
- TBAM Family Overview
- TBAM, a high performance, highly reliable replacement data manager for Data General’s INFOS II.
- TBAM-Net, a connectivity product that allows the interoperability between databases on multiple TBAM and DG INFOS systems.
- TBAM-Sort, a sorting and data manipulation application that emulates DG/Sort.
- TBAM Dump/Load, a data extractor, manipulator, and loader for TBAM databases.
Ready For More Information?
How Can We Make This Website Better?
If you’ve discovered a mistake, an ambiguity, or that some important information is missing from this website, please let us know.
© Copyright Datatek, Inc. 1994-2017, All rights reserved. All trademarks belong to their respective owners.